Standing Bow Pulling Pose
Dandayamana – Dhanurasana
• Increases concentration, determination and patience.
• Increases circulation to the heart and lungs, clears plaque off artery walls.
• Firms the abdominal wall and upper thighs, tightens upper arms, hips, and buttocks and improves the flexibility and strength of the lower spine. Helps with lower back pain.
• Regulates menstrual cycle.
• It develops balance and increases the size and elasticity of the rib cage and the lungs.
• Strengthens ankles and knees. Helps with frozen shoulder, carpal tunnel, arthritis and tennis elbow.
• Increases circulation to the brain and adrenal glands, revitalizes nerves, veins, and tissues.
• The only posture that improves every muscle, joint, tendon and internal organ in the body
• Helps relieve depression and loss of memory.
• It helps cure lumbago and rheumatism of the lower spine by flexing and strengthening the last five vertebrae. It will help to improve crooked spines as well.
• This is the most important pose to increase the strength and flexibility of the hip joint and of the muscles of the side of the torso. It also firms upper thighs and hips, slims the waistline, and improves the deltoid, trapezius, scapula, and latissimus muscles.
Balancing Stick Pose
• Firms hips, buttocks, upper thighs, abdomen and ankles.
• Improves the flexibility, strength and muscle tone of shoulders, upper arms, spine and hip joints.
• Sends high-speed blood pouring into the heart, especially the neglected lower region, cleaning out the veins and all the arteries, strengthening the heart muscle, helps prevent future cardiac problems.
• Improves circulation and stretches the capacity of the lungs. Increases endurance.
• By perfecting body control and balance it strengthens physical, psychological, and mental powers. Improves memory and concentration.
• Slims waistline and eliminates deposits fat on the body.
Standing Separate Leg Head to Knee Pose
Dandayamana - Bibhaktapada – Janushirasana
• This posture slims the abdomen, waistline, hips, buttocks, and upper thighs
• Increases the flexibility of the spine and the sciatic nerves and of most of the tendons and ligaments of the legs, and strengthens the biceps of thighs and calves
• Helps maintain blood sugar levels.
• Causes compression of the pancreas and kidney which acts as a cleanse.
• Muscular, skeletal, endocrine, digestive and reproductive systems all benefit.
• This posture is helpful with depression and anxiety, boosts the metabolic and immune systems beneficial for colds, sinus problems, and migraines.
• Good for depression and memory loss.
Standing Separate Leg Stretching Pose
Dandayamana - Bibhaktapada – Paschimottanasana
• Cures and prevents sciatica by stretching and strengthening the sciatic nerves and the tendons of the legs. Opens the hamstrings.
• Helps relieve depression and loss of memory, constipation, abdominal obesity and helps with diabetes and hyperacidity.
• Increases circulation to the brain and adrenal glands.
• It helps the functioning of most of the internal abdominal organs, especially the small and large intestine and gives you added flexibility in the pelvis, ankles, and hip joints, and especially in the last five vertebrae of the spine.
• Balances the nervous system.
Toe Stand Pose
• Toe Stand strengthens the knees and is therapeutic for rheumatism of the knees, ankles and feet.
• Strengthens stomach muscles and helps to avoid gout.
• It also opens up the knee and hip joints and helps cure hemorrhoid problems.
• Challenges your mental concentration, helps develop patience, creates balance within body and mind.